Gentle Strength Classes (60min)
A 60-minute class taken from the comfort of your own home. Simple equipment and supportive positions make this class
accessible for individuals of all fitness levels who wish to focus on quality movements and overall function.
Gentle, full body strengthening and balance classes
These classes are aimed at individuals who might have some limitations or difficulties with weight bearing, balance or mobility. These are perfect for those hoping to improve their mobility, strength, balance and core in a safe, supported way with progressive movements.
With a focus on functional movements and minimal stress on weight bearing joints, these Gentle Strength classes create a safe and supported environment to practice balance and full body strengthening accessible for all levels of function and fitness.
Smaller class sizes allow the Kinesiologist to direct any modifications to those attending live.
To get the most out of this class, you should be able to get up and down out of a chair independently. Getting onto/off the ground is also recommended, but a bed or raised surface could also be used to complete the lying portions of the class.
What you will need:
- Internet connection and a device to join via Zoom
- a firm chair,
- a mat or a bed to lie on
- a wall, counter or sturdy chair
- 3 strengths of resistance bands or tubing
- a yoga strap (house coat belt or scarf could also work)
- a 15-19cm soft ball
- 2 tennis or massage balls
- All these items can be purchased from our online store. We can also offer alternatives for most of these if you do not own these items.
Mondays 3.30 – 4.30pm
Live via Zoom or On Demand